Located in Portland, Oregon, Harry L. Stearns, Inc. (HLS) seeks a Lighting Quotes Consultant (LQC) focused on quoting lighting material from plans and specifications on construction projects based on manufacture lines we represent. As a technical resource, you will develop comprehensive quotes for commercial, industrial, residential, multi-family and design-build projects based on specifications or conceptual information. Using your creativity and people skills, you will work within an experienced team navigating the complexities of intelligent lighting systems.
- Provide project quotes to distribution.
- Provide technical lighting expertise to customers.
- Partner with distribution to successfully win projects.
- Analyze architectural and electrical drawings, specifications and related documents.
- Monitor projects to determine patterns of success or failure.
- Make independent pricing decisions that determine project profitability and success.
- Must be detail oriented, work independently and collaborate with teams as necessary.
- Must adapt to different stages when moving from one project to another.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Associate (AA) or University degree (B.A. or B.S.) in business, engineering, drafting, theatrical lighting, etc., Or, 2+ years of commensurate work experience in lighting quotations or controls.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in addition to outstanding organizational, problem-solving and decision-making aptitude.
- Computer proficiency using MSN Office Suite and Adobe or Blue Beam.
- Networked lighting products and system knowledge a plus.
- Construction industry estimation experience a plus.
- Preferred experience in quoting the designed solution and ensuring products and services are properly budgeted.
You will be exposed to numerous opportunities and play a vital role in coordinating various critical functions in meeting our company’s expectations and objectives. This is a unique position to join a progressive lighting company, committed to supporting its clients and team members. HLS offers competitive compensation, benefits, relocation assistance, and retirement plan. Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary: Negotiable, commensurate with education and experience.